stoice Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 OllyI've been looking at these Tayberrys on line and they seem to come up quite wide, 42-43cms round the top. http://www.easy-wellies.co.uk/tayberry-wellies-c-59.html I've had two lovely pairs of Tayberry wellies. Neither lasted longer than a year. They fitted my cankles fine (I'm rather chunky in the calf dept too) but with regular use (Walking the dog, visiting the girls throughout winter) they both split where your toes bend and let in water. I'm going to save up for some shiny silver or red hunters. (I figure £55 on a pair that lasts is better than £20 wellies I have to buy several times a year) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Minky Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 Thought I'd chime in that I'm a muckboot girl too! How wide do the muckboots stretch too. They look very comfy having the soft tops, I hate it when wellies cut in ,but having 50cm calves, would they cut off my circulation? I'd be very suprised if they dug in at all as it's literally just really soft super streatchy material! I initially went for pretty boots, but I found they all fell apart in no time. I was camping with friends when I was first introduced to Mucks, we were setting off on a long walk and one of my mates was still in her boots and I said 'I know it's muddy but you might not want to wear those as it's a good few miles and will be pretty uncomfy in wellies' and she was 'ahhhh, not THESE wellies' and it's true, they are light, SO comfy, the hardest wearing boots I've ever had, you can even roll them down if your legs get hot! Well worth the asthetic sacrifice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted July 14, 2009 Share Posted July 14, 2009 Thought I'd chime in that I'm a muckboot girl too! How wide do the muckboots stretch too. They look very comfy having the soft tops, I hate it when wellies cut in ,but having 50cm calves, would they cut off my circulation? I'd be very suprised if they dug in at all as it's literally just really soft super streatchy material! I initially went for pretty boots, but I found they all fell apart in no time. I was camping with friends when I was first introduced to Mucks, we were setting off on a long walk and one of my mates was still in her boots and I said 'I know it's muddy but you might not want to wear those as it's a good few miles and will be pretty uncomfy in wellies' and she was 'ahhhh, not THESE wellies' and it's true, they are light, SO comfy, the hardest wearing boots I've ever had, you can even roll them down if your legs get hot! Well worth the asthetic sacrifice Thanks , It's amazing what you can learn on here. They do look very soft. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...