Sammy Posted July 15, 2009 Share Posted July 15, 2009 I'm still fairly new to this having my girls for just over 2 weeks now. My Poultry Shield arrived at the weekend and I'm just in the process of cleaning out their house. The instructions state I should cover everything with the product (it's the ready to use spray) - should I be washing it down afterwards or leaving to soak in and dry (I cleaned the house prior to spraying). Sorry if this is a stupid question but after the instructions state to spray the whole house it doesn't tell me if I need to do anything else? In the meantime, my girls are looking perplexed as to why I'm standing in THEIR house scratching my head with a bottle of Poultry Shield in my hand! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted July 15, 2009 Share Posted July 15, 2009 Just spray and leave it Hope your girls aren't like mine as they try to drink the puddles of it BTW if you have a wooden coop like me the 5 litres that you mix yourself is more economical. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sammy Posted July 15, 2009 Author Share Posted July 15, 2009 Thanks Anne - yes I have a wooden house so once my ready to use spray has run out I will get the 5 litre - thanks for the tip!!! And answer to my question!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted July 15, 2009 Share Posted July 15, 2009 Happy to help I keep posting about them but if you need mail order like I do, I've found Flyte so Fancy best for Poultry Shield, big tubs of Diatom, big tubs of Stalosan F and a handheld pressure washer as well. Mind you it costs a lot all in one go but lasts for ages. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 15, 2009 Share Posted July 15, 2009 I've just bought from Flytesofancy too - Diatom (which wasn't in the parcel but is coming later - no note with it so had to phone ), Poultry Shield and 2 pot eggs (to teach my horrible hens not to eat their own eggs ). Very quick delivery . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
*mummy_hen* Posted July 16, 2009 Share Posted July 16, 2009 I got mine from Flyte so Fancy too along with the pressure sprayer and was very impressed with the quick delivery. You just let it all soak in and once it's dry the girls are ok to go back in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...