LaPoule Posted July 23, 2009 Share Posted July 23, 2009 Last night I fitted bumper bits to my four older girls, as there was a small problem with some feather plucking I wanted to resolve, and also yesterday I came home from work to find that someone had been having a go at Pablo. I have cleaned-up the blood, purple-sprayed (she matches the ), and divided up the girls into 3 groups. However, the bit on Picasso looks too small (despite the fact that she is nominally a bantam - a very large one though ). I wanted to take a photo, but the camera has run out of battery. I have looked at other photos of bumpered chickens, and there seems to be a gap between the end of the beak and the end of the bit, but on Picasso this gap is tiny. Her beak doesn't quite touch the end of the bit, but it is very close. Is this still OK? It could be because she has such enormous nostrils, and the bit is sitting too high. I experimented with some corn, and she seems to be able to eat (will check crop tonight for more conclusive evidence), and as soon as the battery is charged, I will post a photo. In the meantime, to put my mind at rest, does anyone have any words of wisdom? Ta! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 23, 2009 Share Posted July 23, 2009 As long as she is eating (and drinking?) there shouldn't be a problem As you say, check her crop later to double check she is eating. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 23, 2009 Share Posted July 23, 2009 I agree so long as she can eat and drink there should be no problem. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...