windy183 Posted July 25, 2009 Share Posted July 25, 2009 Somebody must know the answer to this one. I bought a 30l plastic tripod drinker, the type with a ball valve under the water outlet. Does anyone know how the ball valve is to be set? If i pull it up too high it blocks the water outlet and the dish dries out. If I lower it, the water all runs out and the system completely empties. I assumed that once the water level in the dish below reached the gap between ball valve and water outlet, the water would stop dripping out and then when the level in the dish went down the water would refill the dish. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted July 26, 2009 Share Posted July 26, 2009 I'm afraid I have no idea Hope someone will be along to help soon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 26, 2009 Share Posted July 26, 2009 Hello, I've not heard anyone on here talking about these drinkers. Lesley is the one with a huge no of hens so may give advice so you could pm her or post on the practical poultry site. Anyway come back when you get your answer if no-one posts on here Or you could pm Egluntine she always knows how to find an answer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alison Posted July 26, 2009 Share Posted July 26, 2009 I have one of these, and I am afraid to say that I am not impressed with it. I bought because I could leave my chooks with my neighbour who didn't want to go in the pen. It either leaks like mad or doesn't flow at all. The dish gets dirty and yucky and the inside of the water container has also turned green while I have been away. ( Got back from bali today) Apparently, it is all to do with the screw top, the seal must be tight. I will be going back to superglugs, ( having sold them on here!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...