AJuff

Not impressed so far!

Problem is that most of the BKA's are run by volunteers, lots have day jobs too. I had a problem getting some feedback a couple of times and had to chase them; they eventually got back to me and were apologetic... so I felt bad for chasing so much as they were on holiday... :oops:

I find the more I get involved with the local BKA (mine is New Forest Bee Keepers Association - see my blog below for link and photos of my bees) the more they pull you in; I guess they have so many people getting involved right now, they are trying to work out who will be in for the long haul and who might get bored in two months and not bother again... :roll:

Persevere and I think you'll find they will help. If not - try another BKA close to you... they don't seem too picky about borders between the different BKA's! :D Good luck...

Is that the ' Paul Peacock' I see there? :wink::dance:

I could easily pop on a train to Manchester, station only a few minutes walk from me in Sandbach.

I want to learn all about beekeeping, so that I have all this useful knowledge for our smallholding - when we move in 5 years time.

Are the Cheshire BKA friendly then?

Emma.x

Hello Emma

Sorry I have not replied earlyer to this thread. The answer to you question is yes. They are a nice bunch. If you ever want to give it a go PM me and Ill give you a number to ring then they will know to expect you and make you welcome.

We dont go every month at the moment and my hubby goes more than I do but if we can be of any help shout up.

I have found then to be friendly and helpfull no problem.