Tink

Do chickens really lay eggs???

OK, Im starting to doubt that chickens actually lays eggs :lol:

I have had my 3 girls a month now....and not 1 single egg :( Only had my Bluebelle a week and a half so I'll let her off!!

I'm getting a bit worried now that I am doing something wrong!!

I keep seeing all these "first egg posts" left by everyone (who, by the way, I think are being payed by omlet to trick me into thinking chickens actually lay eggs and make me buy more girls and shell out for that rather lovely cube :lol: )

I know there are loads of reasons what it could be..age/breed etc...but the waiting is killing me.....good job those girls are so damn cute :lol:

i know how you feel, we had our girls 5 weeks before they started laying but when they start its worth the wait! :D

Have any of them started crouching when you go near them yet? if so then they shouldnt be too long

Vicky

Funnily enough, my Warren has been crouching for the last month....every time I go near her she crouches straight way. I was also told on one of the courses that if the pelvic bone is spread it is a sign...again, all three have been like that for the last month :lol:

my columbine was 26 weeks before she laid well worth the wait even if she one of the 20%

you've also got to take the age of hybrids with a pinch of salt from what I can see

I have wondered about the ages...especially my Sussex. The other have red combs but her comb is still pale pink...she looks younger than the 22 weeks she should be. Im not expecting any eggs from her for a while yet!

I have wondered about the ages...especially my Sussex. The other have red combs but her comb is still pale pink...she looks younger than the 22 weeks she should be. Im not expecting any eggs from her for a while yet!

not sure how reliable the comb colour is cyclone's were pillar box red a good 6 weeks before she sarted to lay big red's were pale compared to cyclones until about late June early July and evan now unless its sunny she not allaws as red

Don't despair - I had to wait about 4 months for all of mine to be laying :roll: .

:lol: Glad it's not just me. I got my "POL" girls early last September. 4 started laying within weeks. Charmaine laid her first egg on Boxing Day, and Shannon (who I'd given up on) finally laid at the end on January :roll:

We are doing a little better now....

Endora laid her first last week.....then we were struck down by the dreaded red mite :cry:

Ive spent all evening last night and today trying to get rid of them....and at dinnertime Samantha said thank you with her very first egg :dance:

2 down...2 to go....