Biker Chick

Another Flubenvet question

Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but I have just mixed up the Flubenvet as instructed in to a 2kg feed, but I have my serious doubts that this will last my 3 POL and 4 11 week old girls 7 days :shock:

So, the question is, if it doesnt last the 7 days and I have to make up some more, do I do another 2kg mix and then throw away any left overs????

I know you are all probably fed up of Flubenvet questions, but I just want to do right for my girls :oops:

Thank you.

you can always mix a 1kg at a time its a bit of a pain but do-able or wait to see how many days the first batch lasts then make the up more of the same adjust the amount accordingly some one will be along soon that'll tell you the best way to work out how to mix a smaller amount.

I can just about gauge half the amount so i dump the left over feed but I'm lazey :lol:

they are supposed to eat about 120gm of pellets a day, each, i have checked mine not long after i got them as i didnt think they where eating anywhere near that ammount, anyway i was quite surprised as they where eating anywhere between 105 and 135 gm a day,

so 3 x pol and 4 x 11 week olds, lets just assume they are all pol.

so 7 x pol = 7 x120 = 840 a day, 840 x 7 days = 5880gm for the week

your 2kg is only going to last 3 days tops so i would wait and see how they get on but i would suspect you will have to make another 3kg batch mid week,

have you got a decent set of scales if you need to make up a small batch (ie.500gm) ?

i used the 1% premixture, so you will need -

9gm in 3kg of feed

6gm in 2kg of feed

3gm in 1 kg of feed

1.5 gm in 500 gm of feed.

you are unlikely to have a set of scales that measures in .5gm so you may have to guess a bit for a small batch.

i'm getting myself sooo confused with how much i should be giving my girls :?

i'm not sure which flubenvet i've got :oops: it's in a small 240g pot and says medicated pre mixture. it doesn't have a scoop with it, so i'm assuming i measure it in my scales.

my girls are on layers mash and i don't weigh it out, i just fill up the grub which is empty most evenings.

sorry if i'm being a bit thick but i don't want to get it wrong

mine says 1% premixture, and you dont have to weigh there feed out every day, just make sure the food contaner/grub has at least enough for that day or just keep it full. they will eat the correct ammount according to there size/weight.

if you want to know approx what there eating every day, i just weighed the container at the same time every day and devided what the ammount eaten by how mant hens you have. its only a rough idea but you should find theyve eaten approx 100 - 130 gm each a day.

i suppose you need to make sure they are not spilling it all on the floor to get a more accurate measure, with the Omlet "grub" this doesnt happen as long as its not full to the brim.

i'm getting myself sooo confused with how much i should be giving my girls :?

i'm not sure which flubenvet i've got :oops: it's in a small 240g pot and says medicated pre mixture. it doesn't have a scoop with it, so i'm assuming i measure it in my scales.

my girls are on layers mash and i don't weigh it out, i just fill up the grub which is empty most evenings.

sorry if i'm being a bit thick but i don't want to get it wrong

Here are the instructions for the Flubenvet that you have:

The 6g scoop included is enough to medicate 2kg of food. This medicated food alone should be fed for 7 consecutive days. If your chickens consume the 2kg before the 7 days has elapsed just make up a 2nd batch or as much as is necessary to complete the course.

Each chicken will eat the food it needs for it’s bodyweight so bigger birds will take more medication than smaller birds which ensures each bird gets the correct dose for their size/weight.

Mixing evenly is important

1/ Weigh out 2kg of food

2/ Remove a cupful of that food and add to it one level scoop, mix well.

3/ Remove a slightly larger amount of the 2kg and add it to the cupful of medicated food. Mix well

4/ Continue adding food from the 2kg bag to the medicated mix in stages until the whole 2kg is incorporated.

(a small amount of oil can be added to help the medication to adhere if absolutely necessary)

Fill the feeders with the food and check them each day to ensure there is still medicated food available. Do not offer any other food or treats during medication. If the 2kg is eaten before 7 days has elapsed, make up another batch of medicated feed.