legend21 Posted August 16, 2009 Share Posted August 16, 2009 I just thought I would let you know about my smallest girl butters, I went out to give them some cut up grapes and only 5 came running, my heart sank as I thought something was wrong with butters because she is quite fast when it comes to treat time. In the horrors I opened the fence and run up to the nest to see if she was in there (still wearing £300 boots), she was nowhere to be seen I was calling her when I heard my elderly neighbour next door making cluck clucking noises, I shouted over the high fence and asked if butters was there, he said she was, he had given her a water buscuit and was trying to catch her, he told me not to worry as the girls have been popping into his garden since thy had dug a hole last week. Two minutes later butters popped back through the hole and ran over for her grapes. What a kind neighbour, he probably would have said nothing if I had not notices her missing, he used to work on a farm about 40 years ago and liked chickens. OH will block up the hole as not all neighbours take kindly to chicken poo (and their garden is gorgeous). Chickens, they look so innocent Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Harriet88 Posted August 16, 2009 Share Posted August 16, 2009 Horrible feeling when you've lost one, good when you find them though. I have one that could still fly even though we'd clipped one of her wings as far as we could, had to get more emergency pea netting to cover the run with! What a great neighbor! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted August 16, 2009 Share Posted August 16, 2009 Sounds like you have a really nice neighbour,one of our girls went in our neighbours garden and he put her back over the fence the other side though he'll probably send his dog out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted August 16, 2009 Share Posted August 16, 2009 Ooo, one of those heart in mouth moments, nice happy ending though and what a great neighbour Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...