zedster

Rabbits and Rats

:(

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm also sorry that I have no experience of this and cannot offer any great advice.

Did it/they squeeze through the bars of the run do you think? Also, I imagine that you didn't see the rats but that they left droppings behind? It seems to me that they would be after the food and I hope your rabbit/s weren't frightened by the visit.

We have moved our eglu and run up from the lawn and onto the terraced part of the garden and that was because a fox visited about 6 weeks ago and made a vain attempt to dig underneath. We were alerted by the rabbits' thumping. Now that they are closer to the house, any visitors to the garden trigger the security light, which seems to send them away. I don't know if you can do anything like that?

I hope that someone can give you some advice :)

Be careful, I had a rat tunnel in and kill my rabbit a few summers ago :( it hadn't touched the food at all before that.

Angry pusscat sorted that out for me though! If in doubt get the council in, rats are very good at getting resistant to poisons so you can get sticky boards which they can't get off (rodent flypaper essentially) so there's no risk of contamination although you do need big boots... :evil: