redfrock

And what have we here?

Having been heartbroken at losing Roman at such a young age in '08 (inbred Satin, multiple problems) and the problems that accompanied the boars that I was given by the rescue centres, I had decided that I would never have guinea pigs again .....

.... however I have missed their squeaking so much, and even as a child they were one of my favourite pets, that when Hubby decided he had no idea what to get me for my birthday last month I knew straight away what I really wanted. This time I decided against rescues as they had brought me so much heartache (not the GPs fault) and stress, although I felt guilty about it. Instead I visited 2 local breeders. I was able to see the parents of the piggies and look at how they were being kept. I have even been provided with birth certificates so that their parentage is traceable and transparent. I decided to have girls as the bonding process was likely to be easier and long lasting. they were only 5 days or so when I first saw them :D

So, on the 27th December I collected an Abbyruvian (abyssinian peruvian cross) (brown guinea) - a beautiful cinnamon and white ruby eyed girl - and a tri-coloured rex (cream, cream agouti and white) (guinea)

Then on the 2nd January I collected my other two girls - well it was only meant to be one, but another seemed to pop herself into the carrier :liar: - a golden agouti rex (brown guinea) and a black and cream rex (brown guinea) .

The first three are all between 6 and 8 weeks old and the black and cream rex is a bit older, about 4 months old - somebody had repeatedly failed to collect her :( . They have all bonded immediately and are in a 5ft x 2ft indoor cage in the lightly heated conservatory (they came from unheated sheds so are hardy), with a further 5ft x 2ft indoor cage about to be attached :D . They will live in my converted eglu with the extensions in the spring and summer.

Photos will follow shortly :D - I'm just letting them settle in a bit :D

Edited by Guest