chooksy

Yay! OH has agreed to WIR!!

Yippeeee! After months of "no way", I was cleaning the hens and rabbits out when OH comes over and starts discussing plans of a WIR. He could've asked me to sit down first - I was shocked!? Where has the sudden change of heart come from?! :dance::clap:

We had the fox back in the garden last night when the hens had gone to bed so will def have to make it ultra fox proof.

If you have pics of fox proofing ideas that'd be great. :dance:

I wish I knew how to get DH to agree to WIR! When we got the chickens, we had agreed we would have three more in the Spring/Summer. He had also tentatively agreed to a WIR provided our neighbour didn't mind.

Now, he says no more chickens and no WIR. It would make life a lot easier for me to have a WIR, and I had set my heart on new girls.

I'm still hopeful that I can persuade him to have the new girls, but it still looks like no to the WIR. But in three months he has poo-picked the poo trays and the nest box only twice and I've done all the other cleaning, mucking out, feeding and everything. I'm thinking of asking him to dig out all the litter from the Cube run to see how much he'd like to do this regularly!

So, if you have a magic formula to make the OH agree to a WIR (or more chooks for that matter), I'd love to know!

So, if you have a magic formula to make the OH agree to a WIR (or more chooks for that matter), I'd love to know!

Time I think?! Its taken 3yrs to get him to say yes!!

The neighbours is one thing I worry about. Both sides are lovely but I hope they don't object to a big chook run at the bottom of the garden. I think I'll talk to them about it before I start working on it. (Think I'll go armed with a few boxes of eggs te he)

Really excited about the WIR but haven't a clue where to start though!

Time I think?! Its taken 3yrs to get him to say yes!!

Agree with that. Took 3 years to get a "yes" for chickens (I meven had to marry him to help persuade him :wink: ). After 15 months of having them, he is much more responsive, and now has started to help clean them out.

He now even leaves me messages in the morning (as he leaves for work before I get up) reminding me to check their food and water... What did he think happened before he took an interest :roll::lol:

I am not working on a WIR - although as we are planning on moving in a year or so's time, it is probably not worth it....