tidygirlsuk

First Bantie Egg for 2010 !

I have 4 pekins, 3 of which were laying last year but all stopped for the winter. 2 have started laying again now, 1 is yet to lay this year, and the last pekin has not ever layed because she would have came into lay late in the year.

I also have a light sussex bantam, which came into lay last year but hasn't layed yet this year either.

This winter is lasting a long time, I don't think that this helps.

My 3 big girls have layed all year round so far.

I hope that you get lots of eggs soon. !egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!!egg!

Only just spotted this ...

Good news Claire :D

You wouldn't think spring was here if you look out the window though would you? :lol:

Hi Lewis. I know what you mean. I think that we seem to be having the worse weather in the Midlands at the minute. After I posted this topic about maybe its spring, we had that real heavy snow. I felt like such a fool, :lol:

my 2 light sussex have started laying for the first time my 2 marans been laying since dec. im new as only had my girls since aug.will they lay every day now weather getting better??? my sussex eggs very small compared to maran eggs. is this normal??can anyone tell me if you can get a batam that lays blue eggs??