txswanie

Netting for top of fenced area

More newbie questions..sorry.

I have the ground prepared for the cube (its coming soon....) and I am fencing off a portion of the garden to contain the girls and protect them from my dogs.

Question 1. What height of fence should I use?

Question 2 Does anyone cover the top of their open area with netting? I have a fear that they will flutter out and come face to face with a dog. What type of netting do you use? I have a horror of small birds becoming trapped in the netting (saw that at a blueberry farm once) so what size of hole is appropriate?

You guys have excellent memories as well as chicken knowledge..lol

Anyone in So Cal used GardenTek netting?

I am thinking of going for the circus tent look.... attach the centre of the netting above head height to a tree in the middle of the run and then drape over the fencing and secure. If it was lower I would have to limbo in to clean and visit the girls.

How do you attach your netting, clips, tie wrap? I am still afraid of trapping little birds in the holes.

This is by far the best forum I have ever used. Thanks dudes. (sorry So Cal slipped out there)