Olly

How do you manage with the Omlet netting?

I bought this after reading some posts - and it is very good ... BUT - I am really struggling with it! It took me half an hour to arrange it yesterday morning, and I dread moving it again - it seems to mean me running backwards and forwards to move the poles a few feet, then unravelling a bit more, and so on. At the moment I am using it to give the girls a free-range area, as my garden fence is waiting to be repaired, so I want to change it around.

I think I read a post from someone on here who cut theirs up, how many bits do you cut it into and doesn't it mean you need extra poles? Does that stop it getting tangled up? Anyone got any bright ideas - or am I just peculiarly clumsy? :roll: (A: yes!)

so it's not just me! It works brilliantly to keep the chooks contained, and they stick their heads through it, and yet don't get stuck ... but I've moved it twice now, and it's been a nightmare! You need arms that are eight feet long (or someone to hold the other end, I guess).

It was tricky at first but now I can deal with it.

Yes, but how? do you have extra-long arms, do you just get more skilled (or is this how you put your back out :wink: ?)

I bet you can put duvet covers on in one go, too!

I found it difficult the first couple of times I moved it.

If you are just moving is a short way, the bit at a time method seems easiest. if it is a mojor move, I found it easier last time to lay it on the ground and roll it up, and then lay it on the ground and unroll it again at the new site, then you can push the poles into the ground, and just adjust it a bit as necessary. I agree its not easy.

It was tricky at first but now I can deal with it.

Yes, but how? do you have extra-long arms, do you just get more skilled (or is this how you put your back out :wink: ?)

I bet you can put duvet covers on in one go, too!

:lol::lol::lol:

Just unravel it across the garden to the size you need. Then go back to the beginning and drag te netting with you in a line, then bung the poles in the ground. It's so easy yet so hard to expain. :?

thank you Omleteers for your advice. I am going to try laying it out flat as Martin suggests, it probably is one of those things you have to do a few times to see how it works. Fence gets fixed on 19th March, so hopefully after that I will be able to let the ladies out, and just use the netting to keep them off my veggie patch!