Ms Tilytinkle Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 HMMMMMMM what a mistake I made yesterday!!! Always I feed the cats up on the table if they're outside & having a treat. But, as the chooks had waddled off to the bottom of the garden & the cats . . all 3 were sitting together looking a little cute so I thought I'd hurl some treats out of the window to them from the kitchen. I was after all stripping a cold, finished cooked chicken, so a hand full of shredded chicken was thrown thru the window in the general direction of the cats . . hmm out of nowhere came the gannets - chased the cats & much to my horror ate the peri peri flavoured chicken I was absolutely mortified & quite upset & worried, hence thinking Oh my must get back onto OMLET. . . but I lost the post as it disappeared then needed to work . But I am still shocked & horrified & worried if it will do the ones who did eat the chicken, any harm. I had no idea they were there - I saw them waddle off down the garden, hmm theyre sooo quick to change direction . .although thinking about it the cats did look a little unsure which usually means the chickens are close by!! They must've been resting, having their chook mother hen meeting, underneath the window!!! Bless them theyre not enjoying the rain today - it hasnt stopped!! MsTilyhopesyoureallhealthyhappycosyandwarmhavingadeliciousSundayandBankHoliday Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 I can sympathise. My cat Thomas prefers to eat outside, and so I feed him on top of a green garden shed thing which is about 4 foot high, and that the girls had never jumped on. That is until a few days ago, now they are up there all the time and are eating Thomas' cat food - which most certainly has chicken in it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickinboy Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 Ooops! I have one girl who is particularly confident, and a while ago I made the mistake of eating a sarnie outside when the girls were FRing. She bounced up, pinched the sandwich that was sticking out of my mouth (that'll teach me to stuff too much in) and ran off and scoffed it. It's was a chicken sandwich..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 I'm sure they will be fine, afterall they do eat eggs, well mine do, cooked of course. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 .. A little girl that lives next door was eating a chicken sandwich, she's about 5 years old. cheryl was meithering her for a bit of her sandwich so she through it on the floor all 9 girls was pecking at it.. then she said, ''Mollie, you no chicken form my sandwich, is it the same as your chickens, im not eating it if it is..'' i just replied with.. '' .. anyway how about we check for eggs?!:)'' she forgot all about the subject, i didnt want her to turn into a fussy eater that wont eat meat, . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saronne Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 That little bit of chicken won't hurt them..anyway, it was an accident. Chickens will happily eat most things you throw their way (some things too gross to mention! ) Saronne x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...