dipper Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 hi all one of our hens doesnt seem well , we have had her 2 weeks now , she has diarrhea and just wants to stay in the house she ventures out for food and drink and a little wander and then back in again. We havent seen any sign of feather pecking or anything and she chattersto us , she laid her 1st egg today. Am a bit worried Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 As she's laid her first egg today I would put it down to the shock. I have one girl that stayed all day in the nestbox the day she laid her first egg, and I think if I was a chicken I would want to too If she's not right tomorrow then let us know. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 Congratulations on the first egg but poor girl. Just a thought, has she been wormed recently it may help the loose stools. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...