Alis girls Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Not really sure where to post. We have this horrible gravel on the path of garden which I know cats mine and others use for toilet (and I do remove then I can ) there are loads of flies - non in hen house which is very clean and changed wood chip today - sprrayed citronella spray round and short of putting candles in run with citronlla I dont know what else to do. The gravel is going and we are debating on slate as they dont seem to poo on this. I dont want anyone to blame my girls as I poo pick daily. Help - I remember something about lime - but cant remember waht its used for and where do I buy. Mods please move if in wrong bit Ta Have moved this to My family and other Animals, as guess that is the best place? - Christian Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 7, 2010 Author Share Posted May 7, 2010 Ok - er they are not pets Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 erm......perhaps Green Thinking might be more suitable The citronella sounds good - did it not work? Cats don't like the smell of citrus so I thought it might have worked. I throw orange peel all over veg plots to keep cats off and I also use dried out, used, teabags with drops of Olbas Oil on them - it seems to work. Slate paddle stones would be good as they are bigger than gravel - be wary of the small slate chippings though as they may not be very different to gravel. I can remember when cats used to dig a hole and cover their poos - cats today just seem to leave it on the surface......including our farm cats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 7, 2010 Share Posted May 7, 2010 We swapped pea gravel in our old garden for slate chippings (not the very diddy ones, the ones about an inch long or so) and this did the trick While we were saving up for the chippings we used netting over the top of the gravel which kept animals off of it Stalosan F may work in the short term Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...