flamingo

oh yuck! chicken eating dog poo!

Just caught my new chook eating dog poo - gross! Obviously a great delicacy from the way she resisted being chased off it. Don't fancy her eggs much now :( but can't follow dog round all day with poop scoop; what to do? Anyone else got any experience of this?

Chickens eating dog poo and cat sick, enough to put you off eating eggs for a long time :lol:

Our dog seems to just do one poo first thing so I clear that up before I empty the trays on the coop and get rid of it all in one go. So far haven't had the hens on the lawn when there is anything nasty on it, but you never can tell.

I had one of my hens come into the house today, my fault as I lured her in, she promptly did a poo on the conservatory floor :shock:

I had this very same problem. The chickens made our two dogs' lives a misery chasing them around the garden hoping for a treat. The dogs would refuse to go out unless the chickens were behind netting. I couldn't eat the eggs either. The only answer is to keep them separated.

My dogs died a few years ago so its no longer a problem.

our dog used to eat the chicken poo but thankfully the arrangement was not reciprical. And fortunately although the chickens dig up the cat poo when dustbathing, they seem to ignore it once it is "out there"..so i have the opportunity to scoop (whoop de do :vom: )..

I'm not sure it's any more awful than the thought of eating chooks'eggs that have been eating snails, slugs, mice etc...