beatrice Posted August 9, 2010 Share Posted August 9, 2010 Glad to hear Wonky is getting better. My hen's condition is much the same as it was but still eating and drinking fine. She manages to get around a bit but is mostly laying down. I'm in a bit of a quandry really about the situation. My head is telling me I really should be having her pts but my heart says No - shes eating and drinking ok, talking to everything around her and not being bullied. So while she's like that, I'll leave her alone. The situation is quite depressing really and I sometimes wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Keep us informed of her progress. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted August 10, 2010 Author Share Posted August 10, 2010 Sorry to hear that, Beatrice - you sound like you're feeling like I was two weeks ago! Hope she stays happy and gets better again. I was just out looking at Wonky and she's definitely making more use of the poorly leg and hip but it's felt like a long time, even though it's only three weeks. Good luck. Jen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted August 31, 2010 Author Share Posted August 31, 2010 Update on Wonky - she's much, much better and is just moving about a little more gingerly than before, although she's still reluctant to jump out of the run and waits like a lady for me to open the door. Thanks again to everyone for the advice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 31, 2010 Share Posted August 31, 2010 Encouraging news. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted August 31, 2010 Share Posted August 31, 2010 Good news JS1. It might be worth supplementing her with Life-Guard, it contains glucosamine which is good for joint health. It wont do your other girls any harm as it is a general supplement which I am sure they will all benefit from. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JS1 Posted November 16, 2010 Author Share Posted November 16, 2010 Hello, just thought I'd update on Wonky. She had made (apparently) a complete recovery but last week she started limping again and was looking a bit shabby generally. She was still pretty lively and even bossing around the fittest, youngest hen when it came to grape/corn-eating, but she died at the weekend after looking as though she was brewing a soft egg. So now we're down to four (had to get Agatha, one of the ex-batts PTS last month). I'm glad we gave Wonky the chance of a few more months' happy pecking around but we'll really miss her. Thanks again to everyone for the advice in the summer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 16, 2010 Share Posted November 16, 2010 Sorry to hear your news Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hippy chick Posted November 16, 2010 Share Posted November 16, 2010 Oh dear so sorry to hear you sad news Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 17, 2010 Share Posted November 17, 2010 That is very sad to hear Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...