patsylabrador Posted July 25, 2010 Share Posted July 25, 2010 Hello - I follow a weight training programme but there a couple of exercises that I don't like, so thought I would do some waist exercises at that point instead. Does anyone know any good ones, the only one I can find is the twisty one and I wondered if there were any new variations done in classes. Thanks. The exercise I'm missing out is a squat lunge combination as I always seem to twist my knee. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 25, 2010 Share Posted July 25, 2010 From when I could be bothered with all that,I seem to remember that doing a sit up,with your hands behind your head,& lifting the alternate knee to meet your elbow was a good waist & tum toner Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 25, 2010 Share Posted July 25, 2010 Try side extensions; holding a weight in one hand (I use 6kg), stand with your knees hip width apart, feet facing forwards, knees softened slightly. Slowly lower the hand with the weight towards the floor while bringing the other arm over your head and towards the same side as the weight as you bend over. Do not bounce while doing this. Raise back up to the central starting position and repeat, then swap sides. I'd suggest doing 20 reps per side if you're used to doing some sort of exercise already. It is best to use the mirrors in the gym when doing them to make sure that your uper body isn't leaning forward. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted July 26, 2010 Author Share Posted July 26, 2010 Thank you both. Put them both into practice this morning. I've also ordered a very thorough book which explains all about the individual muscles, what they're for and how to get them working efficiently. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...