Hi,If you are, like me, looking for a way to give your chooks an area of your garden to free range in but keep them off the veggie patch and summer bedding take a look at the link below.I have just ordered a length of seagull netting 50 metres x 1m high for 27 quid! :DThat was including 8.50 postage. Same p+p no matter how much you order so may as well order more than you need and keep in stock.

I was considering electric netting but really don't need that much protection as the garden is enclosed fully and has 3 dogs in residence and the chooks only get out during the day when I am about to keep an eye on them.The same roll of electric netting was about 90 .I will still need to buy posts but even then it's quite a saving.They do lots of gauges of net even cheaper.I picked the seagull net because it is a lot stronger just in case one of my mad springers runs into it :roll: They will do any size for you cut and finished edges.The guy said he had just had a phone order from a man who had a buzzard swoop down and take a chicken :shock: and wanted to cover the run before it came back for seconds!

Will let you all know how good (or bad) it is when it arrives.

http://www.henrycowls.net/Home.html

if it's not electrified, and in your circumstances, you might find you can use bamboos instead of the 'proper' expensive posts. before we went electric (vicious foxes round here) I did that with the omlet netting and it worked just fine.

I have just ordered these posts with metal spikes from Farmcare (tried bamboo canes before but the ground is too hard)these are for electric netting I hope they will work with mine.I will probably have to peg down the bottom in places too.

http://www.farmcareuk.com/shop/product/Fence-Posts/3ft-standard-green-posts