lloyd Posted September 11, 2010 Share Posted September 11, 2010 Mavis has some black spots on her wattle, the Vet wasn't sure what it is and sent some pictures to Langford??? Anyways I had given some eggs to someone on the morning I noticed she had these spots. Should I warn them not to eat the eggs? Or should it be fine? She is still eating and drinking fine. L Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted September 11, 2010 Share Posted September 11, 2010 Even if it is fowl pox, she will have had it a while before the scabs were present. I cannot think of any reason why you can't eat the eggs. I don't think humans can catch fowl pox. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted September 12, 2010 Share Posted September 12, 2010 There is some conflicting advise, some say not to eat the eggs and others say they are fine if you sanitise the shells. I personally would not give eggs to other people from any hen that is not in good health. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...