eggalp Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 is it ok to have 5 chooks in an eglu? I have had four in there at one point with no probs but now i am down to two i am keen to get three more. I have read somewhere that you should only have four to one nest - but on of my chooks has had a superlorin implant so doesn't lay, so there would only be four using the nest. i also have a long extended run and the girls FR everyday so i am not too worried about outside space - just inside space! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 I had 5 in an eglu till 2 sadly died . They sleep outdoors by choice now but for ages they were quite happy in the eglu. There were occasional queues for the nestbox but like you, not all mine were laying. I'm contemplating 6 (getting 3 new girls) but as only one original girl is laying and they don't sleep it in the eglu, I'm thinking it'll be OK . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted September 18, 2010 Share Posted September 18, 2010 A similar short thread is here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68635 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...