Bramble Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Title says it all, really, does anyone know how well, if at all, chooks can see in the dark? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlie7 Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 From what I have heard, they don't see very well in the dark. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted October 22, 2010 Author Share Posted October 22, 2010 Thanks. That's kind of what I thought. I went out to fill up the grub and glug this morning whilst it was still quite dark. I was suprised that the chooks were out in their run as it was dark but they didn't seem to know I was there (normally, I get trampled in the stampede for food, but there was no reaction this morning) Either they couldn't see me or they were sleep walking!? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jennydavies Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 No, they don't see well in the dark. This morning it was still dark when I let the girls out and I had to shine the torch for them so that they could see to eat the corn I threw down for them. Until I got the torch, they were all standing in the corner of the run in a huddle. Tomorrow I am going to let them sleep in a bit later, it was the dogs fault for getting up too early this morning (bless her - she was hungry) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MarkBevBen Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Either they couldn't see me or they were sleep walking!? Ooooh I think your girls are sleep walking Bramble! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kevf1 Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 when we open the run its dark... they donl;t come out until they are ready... food out or not Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...