chris_21 Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 hi guys and girls i went to melton mowbray fur and feather auction and i got to female hamburgs for £12 the pair i could'nt beleave it that i got them for that price. alot of the chickens went for next to nothing like a trio of silver laced japanese bantams only sold for £10 i wish i brought them now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Oooh, so jealous! I'd love to go to the Melton Fur and Feather - not far from me! But I always seem to be working when it's on. Where do you find details of future sales Chris? I might have to clear my diary! Sounds like you got some lovely girls as well - I love Hamburgs. Pics please! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 I thunk they have them on Satudays aswell - once a month. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chris_21 Posted November 24, 2010 Author Share Posted November 24, 2010 hi the fur and further auction is every tuesday and i think they have a poultry auction when the horse market is on plus they are haveing a rare breed sale near christmas i think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 http://www.meltonmowbraymarket.co.uk/saturday-rare-breeds-christmas.html Yay... they still do Saturdays... Now i just need to sneek away from the Other half! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 I've been to the regular auctions a few times now, there is some good stock there but also ill stock, cockerels being sold as hens, poor cockerels being sold for 50p and dubious bidding. Lots of novices get caught out In saying that many other actions are similar but its compounded at Melton because the auctions are more frequent their two rare breed auctions each year are very good and well worth going to though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...