Guest Kalico

Baby....

....Guinea Pigs - for my birthday! :D

(guinea)(brown guinea)(white guinea)

I'm going to choose them today....its not my birthday for a couple of weeks but the breeder has several babies that are ready this week-end.

I had my first Guinea when i was 12y old and she died when i was 20y - we have had Guineas on/off over the past 22y of being married, our last ones died a couple of years ago - they were sisters and almost 10y old - they died within a couple of days of each other - old age.

I'm going to house them in a hutch/run within the WIR for the hens until Spring comes and then their hutch/run can go onto grass.

I'm thinking of getting 3 little girls.

What do you all feed your Guineas on a daily basis - veg wise? I bought the all-in-one nuggets last night (we see lots of problems with teeth/guts/obesity in pigs fed on the muesli).

I noticed on one website it said bell peppers were ok for Guineas? I've never fed this before.

Will update post with baby pics soon. :dance:

We've now got 3 little girls. I fell in love with 2 Rex girls, one silver and 1 black-eyed white - they weren't originally for sale, but she said ok since I kind of fell for them. We also chose a little black, white and tan smooth haired girl.

No names yet - so any suggestion greatly appreciated. :D

They are settled and cosy all together in their hutch..am going to let them settle before taking pics.

They are sooooooo cute. :angel: