Dizzy-Deb

Anyone know how to 'recover' ipod library ?

Bit of a long shot but thought would ask :D

Hubbys laptop crashed and lost all his library and downloaded music. Did manage to get some back with emergency restore but now when try to play any of his itunes music library it keeps saying not the original library and wont let me do anything.

Hope that makes sense! hes not very IT literate and I am not much better. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hes still got alll his music on ipod but if plug that in to laptop it wants to overwrite it. :doh:

Is there anyway to restore an itunes library from the ipod ?? thanks xx

When we had our laptops stolen we downloaded itunes on to the new one and plugged the ipod in and the songs went from the ipod to the computer and filled the library

Please do read the help notes though, I'd hate for you to lose everything on my say so!!

It did take four days of plucking up courage for us to plug in the ipods in though as we were convinced we would lose everything

Hi

thanks for advice everyone, have tried most things with it, but think because the library was corrupted in some way just couldnt get it to work. :wall:

With a bit of googling found a program thats done it a treat. :D

Not sure if can mention it on here, so wont post the details but, needless to say... loaded it to laptop, paid the fee (was £13 for single pc, or £21 for up to 5 pcs) but its worked fine. Once loaded and registered, plugged in his ipod and it restored it all back to his itunes library. Was well worth the fee. :clap:

I went for the family package of up to 5 pcs, so have put it on the other laptops we use too.

Hes a very happy bunny to be able to plug his ipod back in, and today has used his christmas itunes voucher to buy some more music... lol. I am sure there probably is some way of doing it without using a special software prog to use it but when you are not very IT, its so frustrating. Itunes is not the easier of things to use at best of times.

So all sorted for the moment. :dance:

Again thanks for advice. xx