Sageandonion Posted February 18, 2011 Share Posted February 18, 2011 Drum roll please... after nearly 6 weeks of chook keeping we finally have one of these ! It's small but perfectly formed on the outside. Will crack it open tonight when OH comes home from work. Not sure if it was laid sometime yesterday or this morning, it wasn't in the nest box but in the house underneath the perches. I found it this morning during my routine poo pick. Typically I haven't been chook watching much this week as I'm in the middle of worming them and they're confined to the run. Every time I go out in the garden they make loads of noise as they want to come out, so I've been leaving them to sulk in silence . Not sure who laid it, but I'm guessing Peckers as she crouched a few days ago and when she went to bed last night she was that side of the house where I found the egg, although Luna's comb is the biggest and most pink. Anyways I thanked them all this morning . Finally feel like a real chook keeper now - very excited to have one of these at last. Will post pics later Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LuckyChickenLover- Posted February 18, 2011 Share Posted February 18, 2011 Congratualtions! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tracyann Posted February 19, 2011 Share Posted February 19, 2011 Congratulations! I'm hoping mine will start laying next, though their cones aren't fully grown yet but are getting pinker as the days go by, the bluebelle's wattles are really bright red, as is the Magpie hens.... Am waiting patiently. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
oneyolktoanother Posted February 24, 2011 Share Posted February 24, 2011 congrats Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...