Ygerna Posted March 18, 2011 Share Posted March 18, 2011 I took my 2.5 yr old to a certain pet superstore today, I try NOT to go there, but, needs must occassionally. So, we wandered around for a while, looking at the animals and chatting about them, he was on my back in a special carrier (not one of those ginormous framed things) and he enjoys being able to see all the animals. Anyway when we went to see the chickens, I noticed one of them was stood to one side, with her eyes closed and looking a little sorry for herself. I went round the other side and peeped into the nesting area, and in there, there was another girl, in the shadows, head tucked right in under her wing. A gentle tap on the glass didn't cause her to move at all. I went and found one of their assistants and told her that their chickens were ill, and pointed out that chickens don't usually sleep like that during the day unless something was up. They have a vet practice in the flippin store, surely they shouldn't have poorly chickens on sale, and at £30 a chicken Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BocBoc Posted March 18, 2011 Share Posted March 18, 2011 Buy them - rescue them!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poppy ben grace Posted March 18, 2011 Share Posted March 18, 2011 They have probably lost the will to live being stuck in that place! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...