fluffy chick

Got 2 new girls today!!!!! Bluebelles

They are so pretty! I will try and add pics soon.

I already have 3 bantys so I have the new girls in a wooden coop next to them for now ......

Trouble is they are so much bigger than I thought when they were surrounded by bug girls at the farm! I'm worried my little ones will get beaten up but the guy said they are a fairly layed back breed?! We had an egg in the box from them by the time we got home though :D

I've called them blue berry and cranberry to continue my theme!!

Size is quite deceptive isn't it! I picked up two hybrids a few years ago, thinking they weren't that much bigger than my bantams. Then when I saw them next to my bantams, I thought I'd better get my eyes checked! :lol:

A lot of it is down to personality. My bantams definitely ruled the roost and kept the hybrids in their place. :)

Good luck with the intros!

Hmm I think they actually grew on the way home :lol: that's what I told dh anyway!

I've decided I need more room for them as the 2 new girls are so big. I've been looking at the netting on omlets site. Has anyone any opinions? I was going to get the 21m normal netting but wonderin if I should get the 25m electric fencing so I have the choice of electifying it later on. (Like when I win the bloomin lottery :lol: ) That way I might let them out when I'm at work. Has anyone any thoughts on this? I was thinking the introductions might go easier with a bit more room. :?