Parsley Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 Well yesterday I went to see the birds of a bantam Dorking breeder who has been breeding for over 10 years in all the Dorking colours and has won at the National. She has been trying to get the breed standard back to how it should be and I was surprised at just how big the Dorking bantam is especially in the Red and Dark colour ways. Anyway, you know how it goes, I picked out a lovely little White, the colour she is concentrating on at the moment to get right along with the Cuckoo. She has a lot of Scots Dumpy in her and only has a single comb instead of the rose but she is lovely. She also had a Red available which was in her overflow pen as she was smaller than the other Reds so the breeder was not sure whether she was going to use her for breeding this year. I checked her over and got her home but she is absolutely mahoosive compared to my other girls She is more the size of a small large fowl (not LF Dorking as they are hefty birds). She is still a youngster as has not reddened up in the comb yet so could get bigger as it can take up to two years for a Dorking to fully mature. Actually, as I type this I have answered my own dilemma as to whether she stays or not and I think I will move her on before I get too attached. Omlet market place here I come. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted March 20, 2011 Share Posted March 20, 2011 She sounds lovely. I'm sure someone will snap her up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...