I think they are actually bone idle. I even fed them Garvo quail mix which MammaT got for me for a while - nothing.

They've had flubenvetted pellets as that's what the big girls were having, now back on ordinary and no more eggs since my last post!!

good job they're cute....

well, things are looking up! getting 2-4 a day now, out of 7 girls, so still a way to go given the length of time they've been freeloading.

bought some celery salt today for dipping hardboiled quaily eggs in - that might have been a bit premature, but by Saturday there should be enough for mr beach chick and I to snack on :lol:

well they are back on strike. we managed to eat 20 eggs on Easter Sunday, and another 19 on the latest Bank Holiday Monday. since then - 1 egg!!

aaaarrrrgggghhhh! I really feel I must be doing something wrong, but am at a loss to know what.

they live in (rabbit run) pens inside the electric fence. they have shade and sunshine; sand dustbaths; the ground is a mixture of earth and wood chip, which they seem to like. each pen has a little house for hiding; a filled plant pot on its side for digging in; a couple of logs for sitting on/next to; the only thing they are missing is perhaps long grass to 'nest' in, but cant do that unless I take them to another area, and don't think that's a plan...

they eat layers pellets and the odd handful of corn; water always available. they are terrified of any new food and mostly ignore it. tried Garvo quail mix - not that keen, and then the chooks found the packet, so that was the end of that.

they SEEM quite content, I have 2 lots of one boy and 2 hens and one of 4 which I think might be 2 boys and 2 hens, but they get along ok - gender decisions based on calmness and behaviour! I check for eggs twice most days.

:wall::wall: