meezers

I upset Dandelion

After cleaning out the chooks this morning, I went into the run to do their weekly check over. Dandelion ( my silkie cockerel) is never pleased to see his ladies being picked up and poked about, but limits his disapproval to alot of clucking and running about - he wouldn't dare attack me.

This morning he stepped up his protest, every time I put the nail clippers down he would pick them up and fling them across the run , while I was retrieving the clippers ( with a chook stuck under my arm ) he would knock the pot of mite powder off of the platform , he must have done this half a dozen times, I was almost laughing too much to keep hold of the chooks . :lol:

This might be a silly question, but I am very new to this - what were you going to do with the nail clippers? :oops::eh:

Clip the long nails on some of the chooks - I have several 5 toed chooks and the fifth nail doesn't touch the ground, so often grows too long. They are nail clippers for cats,they work perfectly :)

My little Silkie cockerel, Dill, doesn't like me picking up his girls either but seems to take it out on them, rather than me. The minute I put one back down again he dashes over and, well . . . . I can just hear him squawking "Take that for fraternising with the enemy :evil: ". I have to try and put them down at the other end of the garden.