Reikiranf

Olympic Musical Balloons

No Reikiranf wasn't imagining things - we were in Danson Park, a beautiful local park where our son has his kayaking club. There were about 7 balloons and we watched them take off and listened to the music that they played. Have no idea what music it was though.

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Its a shame it was so cloudy as I think they would have looked beautiful against the sky if it had been clearer.

Thanks for that Ann, it's amazing how everyone's first thought was that I'd been drinking! It's a shame that they took off so late :( They were still lovely to see though and we had a good view for quite a while.

I suppose I could have given the thread a better title, when I just looked at it I wondered if people thought it was a new olympic event :lol:

The music is specially commissioned for the Olympics and is part of an art installation based in South London, if you go on the metro website when I read it on the train yesterday they had a piece about it so perhaps the information will be online too!