Yorkshire Pudding

Homemade fruit liqueurs

The sight of all the quinces ripening on my tree has reminded me that it's almost time to start steeping them in brandy for Christmas... I only had a few to use last year but I should be able to fill a big vat this year as the tree is heavily laden :D

I also have tons of elderberries around me and was wondering if elderberry liqueur would be good, maybe in gin like sloes or maybe vodka.

I've been wondering what other combinations Omleteers might have tried, with or without success?

I'm sure I heard Alys Fowler say on the radio just now you can make elderberry champagne - but normally you do it with the flowers.

One year I made apricot liqueur out of the lightly crushed stones which have an almondy flavour. I can't remember what I steeped them in, possibly the fruit alcohol you buy in France which is clear and specially sold for the purpose. Anyway I don't recommend it :lol:

Friends have made blackberry liqueur, again not sure of the spirit involved, but completely delish :D