Willow Posted December 9, 2011 Share Posted December 9, 2011 I need to take a picture in a frame measuring 61cm by 61cm on a plane to my SIL and I've realised I don't have anything big enough to put it in. I could wrap in masses of bubblewrap (and that's my fallback plan) but I'd thought I'd put in a case with lots of clothes around it but I can't find anyone who does a squarish suitcase. Has anyone here got any good ideas ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted December 9, 2011 Share Posted December 9, 2011 What about buying 2 large pieces of plywood or similar and strapping them to each side Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted December 9, 2011 Share Posted December 9, 2011 Or one of the artists portfolio cases that marketing types use to transport media artwork? A1 size is about 90cm x60cm, so a bit short on one dimension but might still be workable? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Langnickel-RFOLIO-90-Nylon-Portfolio/dp/B0015NWX7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323452262&sr=8-1 This one is a bit cheaper abd poss a bit bigger, not sure if sizes are internal or external http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reeves-A1-Artists-Portfolio-Case/dp/B0036QZRYY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1323452262&sr=8-9 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lydia Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 We have an old suitcase in the loft that you can have. I haven't measured it but from memory it's rather large and may suit your needs. We haven't used it for years because it's not an upright one with wheels but there's nothing wrong with it otherwise. It does have wheels but is not as good as the more modern ones. We were going to take it to the tip over Christmas so you're welcome to it. We're in and out tomorrow bt mostly in so give me a ring if you're interested and I'll get the measure out. PM me if you need my numbers again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 Love your avatar, Lydia Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...