Spinning Top

New arrivals

Thanks again for your kind words! How long until the original girls (bought in mid-September) start being nice to their new 'friends'? They're staying in two separate groups in the daytime but I felt really sorry for Flambed this evening 'cos Scrambled was blocking the entrance to the Cube and pecking at her when she wanted to go to bed. :anxious:

Thanks again for your kind words! How long until the original girls (bought in mid-September) start being nice to their new 'friends'? They're staying in two separate groups in the daytime but I felt really sorry for Flambed this evening 'cos Scrambled was blocking the entrance to the Cube and pecking at her when she wanted to go to bed. :anxious:

Depends on the chickens really; mine usually take no longer than a week to settle down.

How are your's doing now?

Much better thanks Mum. Not best buddies yet but no blood drawn. The chasing is becoming rather half-hearted and the two groups are mingling together a bit more. I can hear a bit of squabbling when they go to bed but they seem to go in happily enough. :D

btw, looking at your signature, you'd have approved of our choice - Dad's Nest Egg is a Light Sussex, Flambed is a Buff Sussex and Pickled is a Cream Legbar. She is soooooooo pretty !! (Of course they all are but there is something extra special about Pickled's 'feather do'.) :D