busy bee Posted February 14, 2012 Share Posted February 14, 2012 Hi, just wanted a bit of reassurance for my lovely Bluebelle. Just notice this afternoon that she is limping. She seems very much happy in herself and was fine this morning. I have had a look and there seems to be no cut or nothing stuck in her. Just thinking that maybe she was being a bit nosey and has jumped and landed funny. Has anyone else had a similar thing? Not sure what course of action to take or wait out a bit more. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lindafw Posted February 14, 2012 Share Posted February 14, 2012 give her 24 hours and see how she goes but keep a careful eye...they tend to hide their problems well. When you check her foot palpate it and look for swelling underneath in case of bumble-foot. This is basically an abscess under the skin...easily cleared up with antibiotics. We had a girlie who limped and then didn't for a week or so eventually I noticed a VERY slight swelling, my vet confirmed bumble-foot but said as I had caught it early it would be easy to deal with...she is fine over a year later with no further problems Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 14, 2012 Share Posted February 14, 2012 It's quite a common occurrence. I'd examine her for signs of anything obvious, but as long as she is eating and drinking, and hobbling about, I wouldn't worry. If it is bothering her greatly, it might be worth putting her in a cat carrier or similar, in the run for a few days, so that she can see and hear her comrades, but will be forced to rest rather than trying to keep up with them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
busy bee Posted February 14, 2012 Author Share Posted February 14, 2012 Thank you both very much. I shall definitely keep a close eye on it. I had a good look and felt for heat, but nothing to be seen but will keep a close eye the next few days. Hopefully she has just twisted it! Probably singing and dancing performing acrobacts while my back was turned Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lindafw Posted February 14, 2012 Share Posted February 14, 2012 well if limping gets your treats you could 'learn to limp' lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mabelandflosmum Posted February 14, 2012 Share Posted February 14, 2012 Interestingly, my Bluebell has been limping since before Christmas. I think she hurt herself jumping down from the Cube ladder. I can see no problem with her foot and she is happy ,lays every day but has trouble keeping up with the other 3 girls. She has always been the shy one but is not bottom of the pecking order. I am assuming she may always have a limp. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...