C&T Posted February 18, 2012 Share Posted February 18, 2012 Hello, After plannng to move, and then not selling, and then moving again and now not, we are staying put and I am planning a WIR . It's only been 5.5yrs in the wanting... But, we don't have a lot of space, but also only need something for 3 chooks (perhaps 4 at an aboslute push, but tbh that is unlikely). I know Chicken Maths is a terrible affliction, as is Moorhens, but our garden just isn't big enough so not fair on the chooks. So my thoughts (that I would value an opinion on) are a 6ftx6ft run, with our inside on a platform. One side of the run would be the shed, so we are also limited in height but it should be tall enough for our needs and enable us to clean the run out much quicker/easier than the current eglu extended run we have! Would plan on one stable door (opening inwards!), plus would plan a hatch by the eglu to collect eggs, and an opening behind the eglu to slide out the poop tray easily/clean the eglu. Would also plan a roof (although not worked that out yet!!) and probably a slabbed floor, with auboise. Do you think this size is OK? Will it be large enough? So many of you have some wonderful setups - I am quite jealous! I would plan for the chooks to spend a reasonable amount of time in the run - they often get a few hours each day to free range, but this is in no way guaranteed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 18, 2012 Share Posted February 18, 2012 Sounds to me like you need my WIR . Have a look at my signature link to see if it suits your requirements . (You can't have it but you're welcome to copy it .) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted February 18, 2012 Author Share Posted February 18, 2012 I do need your run! You sure I can't just have yours!!! It looks fab, and definitely going to "borrow" some of your ideas! It's great to see one a similar size, to make sure that it will work for us. I have plenty of thinking time - can't do anything before April/May at earliest - but want to start thinking about planning and what it will cost so I can start saving! Your pictures are really helpful - so thank you very much for sharing them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...