Jules.

Kenwood chef help please

The front outlet cover on my 901 chef is stuck, I haven't taken it off in years & I want to put my can opener on it. I've tried to take it off but I don't want to force it so the outlet cover doesn't break. If I remeber rightly it just pushes on to the chef. Does anyone have any ideas how I might loosen it? I think it is a bit gunged up with flour!

Well I just went to have a look at mine to see if I could help, but mine was stuck too :oops:

I know you have to slide the red k"Ooops, word censored!" to the right. Not sure why mine is stuck though, I used it not too long ago :?

Have you tried sliding a knife around the edges to unstick it? (mine was loose rather than stuck - I'm wondering if you have to plug it in or something before it will come off??)

I have looked at mine too but it came out no prob.....is your like mine with the white lever under the top and next to the whisk insert that slides to the right to release the cover ? did you remember to move lever to right ? Not patronising you i promise, but i forget myself sometimes.

Use a hat damp cloth to wipe around edges....if sugary mess in seam it will melt sugars and loosen it.

Cor, that brought back memories of my 901. I hardly ever used the front bit and when I came to use it I'd forgotten how to get it off and sort of stumbled across the red lever. I think it should be written on the cover how to get it off so we don't forget!! :lol: