shemybelle

Recommended breeders in/near Glasgow

Hi

I wondered if any of you could recommend a breeder in or near Glasgow? I was going to buy from Hens Made Easy but it's a bit of a distance to travel. I'm looking for a rhode rock and either a couple of bluebells or one bluebell and another hybrid. Chooks4sale is quite near me (I'm Glasgow east), but I don't know anything about them.

Thanks in advance.

Lx

Gibbs of Galston have some chickens but I am not sure which breeds. I found this out when I got some Marriages pellets with flubenvet from them. I had hoped to have a look but DD had driven me there and was in a hurry to get back :evil:

It might be worth giving them a call.

Dobbies at Sandyholme near Carluke (details via google) apparently sell the breeds you are looking for. Not sure about the quality of the birds though - wherever you go make sure you have a right good look at them and don't take anything you think looks dodgy - you don't want to end up with diseased birds. I have got hens (though not the breeds you are looking for) from a chap who is on the Practical Poultry site (you can join for free) named Kittoch - he is near southside of Glasgow and is a great guy - not sure if or what he is selling just now - perhaps you could message him via that site (though there is not guarantee when he would see your message). I will also PM you re someone to avoid.

That is good news that Gibbs have what you want - they get a good reputation. I had not heard of a Snowdrop but have googled it and it looks lovely. By the way - beware chicken keeping - it is addictive!