Space Chick Posted June 10, 2012 Share Posted June 10, 2012 Deanna, my chocolate Wyandotte bantam is broody at the moment. Rodney, my next door neighbours jack Russell, regularly breaks into my garden and chills with the hens (he's amazing with them) Well earlier, I got Deanna off the nest and put her in the garden, she saw Rodney sat with Maria (one of her best chicken friends) and went ballistic, she started squawking and chasing him, she chased him into one of the walk in runs and started pecking him. Rodney yelped, and ran back to the safety of his own garden. I know I shouldn't laugh, but it was hilarious.... And as I said to Rodney, never get on the wrong side of a hormornal woman The ironic thing is when she's not broody, she's really passive and will often be seen lying down next to Rodney in perfect harmony Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted June 10, 2012 Share Posted June 10, 2012 Awww poor Rodney. He might think twice now about spending time with your girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 10, 2012 Share Posted June 10, 2012 I wonder if a few blokes will relate to that story . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...