chuckmum6 Posted June 11, 2012 Share Posted June 11, 2012 I have just had a listen to my Pekin eggs (whilst I turfed mum out for some food and water) and I can hear them moving in the eggs. I know from experience, that they tend to pip and hatch a day or two after this has been heard. I know Pekins hatch earlier than 21 days, the eggs are currently at day 16 so I am guessing they will hatch day 18/19, Wednesday or Thursday, those people who have hatched Pekins would you agree? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mimi5 Posted June 11, 2012 Share Posted June 11, 2012 Hi there! I have pekins and the whole broody saga drove me to giving in!!!! So, I've only hatched twice, both this year!!! But I have to say the first was a drawn out hatch starting on day 21 and ending on day 24 and I could hear cheeping from inside the shell on the night before, 5 out of 6 hatched(although 1 died day 3 ) 4 my hens and cockerel's eggs and 2 bought....all my 4 still going strong and now 4 weeks old!!!!. Second hatch those which hatched, did so on day 20, again we could hear cheeping the night before, 3 out of 6 hatched. These were bought eggs. 3 still going strong and now 2 weeks old! Let us know what happens!! Best wishes for a successful hatch!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pekin Person Posted June 12, 2012 Share Posted June 12, 2012 I find that Pekins usually take the same amount of time to hatch and are not earlier. In the few hatches I have done the earliest I have had one hatch is day 20 and the latest is day 23. Good luck with it all! Keep us posted. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jeshen Posted June 12, 2012 Share Posted June 12, 2012 For what it's worth, I've only hatched one pekin chick - on day 21, but I'm sure time of birth varies as it does with us! Good luck with your hatchlings! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted June 12, 2012 Share Posted June 12, 2012 Day 21 in the incy or day 20 if they're under super broody Tiger Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted June 12, 2012 Share Posted June 12, 2012 Oh i'm getting so chick broody now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...