nannyhenny Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 My Gingernut Ranger, Rosie, has suddenly become unwell. She was fine until about 6 hours ago when i saw her sitting very still and lethargically on the lawn. I went to see her but she just moved away into the bushes and stood still again. When i finally got hold of her she looked ok, except 'sad' and her fluffy knickers look untidy and unfluffed. She seems to try to poo - you can see her feathers tighten up but only a little white runny stuff has emerged. Is she constipated or something else? She did lay this morning. I thought I'd try a little porridge and yoghurt for her supper. She has drunk a bit but I haven't seen her eat this evening. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 How old is she and has she been laying normally? Have a feel of her abdomen to see if it's hot or squishy - might indicate peritonitis. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nannyhenny Posted July 2, 2012 Author Share Posted July 2, 2012 Well, I'm gobsmacked to say that she is absolutely fine this morning! I had a sleepless night worrying about her and then she came rushing towards me when i went to open the run and pecked around for her scrat like a good'un! The other two have been fine all along. A friend has suggested she might have had a shock of some kind - is this likely to have caused her to freeze up and look poorly? If so, why didn't it affect the other two? Thanks for your reply - I'm glad it doesn't seem to be anything so serious - for now - my nerves are shot as it is! (By the way, yes, she did lay yesterday morning) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shemybelle Posted July 2, 2012 Share Posted July 2, 2012 Hi That's great news! When I got Rocky Balboa (my Rhode Rock) home on her first day, she stood perfectly still with her eyes closed for hours. It was very unnerving and I was worried. She was fine the next day. I think it was the shock of being put in a box and driven in a car for 40 mins. Lx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nannyhenny Posted July 3, 2012 Author Share Posted July 3, 2012 Well I think she must have something that frightened her - she is very easily spooked; even a blackbird flying low over the garden will make her freeze or cackle for a few minutes. She didn't lay yesterday, either, hopefully all will be well from now on. Thank you Ain't "Ooops, word censored!"ody Here and Shemybelle! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...