Heather_256715 Posted July 20, 2012 Share Posted July 20, 2012 Hi, My cockerel of 4 years today has had numerous cases of scaly leg mite. Each time I have put on the spray every 3-5 days as it suggested. I probably carried on the course for for around three weeks. But it doesn't seem to be going. I am wondering if it is healed and the bumpy, un even legs are just possible scarring from other cases? I didn't treat his first case for about a year as I thought it was just his development and didn't know what it was. Does this have anything to do with it? Would love some help as he doesn't seem discomforted or pecking his legs ect. Is it possible that the mites have become immune to the spray? Help!!! Thanks, Heather. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 20, 2012 Share Posted July 20, 2012 If the crusting under the scales has gone then you've caught the mites. The scales will remain raised though until they are replaced at the next moult, his legs will never return to normal and you should avoid picking at the damaged scales. Using a preventative such as Ivomec Eprinex* together with a permethrin-based spray* should knock it on the head and prevent any future attacks. *not licensed for use on poultry in the UK. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...