jellyb100 Posted July 7, 2007 Share Posted July 7, 2007 We got home from a day out today to find the glug upside down in the run! I don't know how long they had been with out water the silly chooks. I wondered how they managed it until OH caught Frankie jumping up and in the glug this evening! I hope she doesn't make a habit of it... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
feemcg Posted July 7, 2007 Share Posted July 7, 2007 My big girls knocked their glug off a few times when in the omlet run but not since moving to the big run - it now sits on a metal bracket thingy (technical term ). The chicks perch on the edge of their glug and poo in it . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted July 8, 2007 Share Posted July 8, 2007 OOOh I have a metal bracket thingy as well Fee Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
enzed Posted July 10, 2007 Share Posted July 10, 2007 Geraldine and Georgina regularly use their glug as somewhere to walk over, perch on, dip their feet in etc. Often they stand at one end, and drink from the opposite bowl. Although, they seem to much prefer using the glug bowl as a perch, and drink rainwater that has collected in their dustbath! They haven't managed to tip it over..........yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
plinksta Posted August 27, 2007 Share Posted August 27, 2007 I had the same problem now I use that bendy rubber-covered garden wire, looped round the middle of the Glug and then passed round the net of the Eglu run. By fstening it outside the run its easy to loosen it to take the Glug out for a wash. The girls still prefer water thats been spilt on the floor!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 28, 2007 Share Posted August 28, 2007 Following a tip from Gallina, I now rest the Glug on the floor of the run, with the hooky things anchoring it in place . It doesn't tip over...even though Artemis Fowl likes to wash her feet in it.! Previously it was knocked over a couple of times when it was hooked on, off the ground.. I think it is more natural for them to drink from a lower position...if you watch their neck stretching action. They prefer a mucky puddle anyway! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted August 28, 2007 Share Posted August 28, 2007 Mine only use their glug in the morning and at night once they've been shut in. The rest of the time when they have nice fresh water they drink out of the pond instead and the muddy water I've washed the path down with. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Poplars Posted August 28, 2007 Share Posted August 28, 2007 My chickens love tipping things over! we have two new ones so several feeding stations, I have to go out every ten minutes to pick up and refill the tubs! They have managed several times to tip over the peanut feeders (we don't have grub and glug we have a mark 1 eglu!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dogs Too Posted August 29, 2007 Share Posted August 29, 2007 I have been lucky and the glug stays in place, but feeders, don't get me started Solution, hang a feeder (cheap one from local far, supplies £3.00) from a bungee fron the run roof and all is fine and dandy, but they still manage to poo in it from time to time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...