Snowy

New piggies!

It's been years since I last had piggies, but I've always loved them. So when youngest boy asked for guinea pigs for his birthday, I didn't put up too much of a fight :D

So yesterday we went and chose a couple from a local lady who does a little bit of breeding, but mostly takes in waifs and strays. She had two 9 week old brothers from a rescue litter.

Meet Black Eyed Pete:

DSCF1851.jpg

And Patches:

DSCF1875-1.jpg

I'd forgotten just how sweet they are, with their cute little faces and squeaky voices:

DSCF1876.jpg

The boys are smitten:

DSCF1862.jpg

DSCF1863.jpg

DSCF1864.jpg

DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1867.jpg

DSCF1868-1.jpg

They are already used to being handled and I've no doubt will soon be very tame indeed if the boys have their way! 8)

:lol: Luckily mine were born into a household full of kids and dogs so they have recovered from their move pretty quickly.

Hmm, my friend also had another pair of brothers who were only 5 weeks old. A gold agouti and a stunning silver agouti. And a cage for sale :think: Wonder if Middle Son would like a pair for his birthday in 3 weeks? :twisted:

I'm ahead of you there Lorna :wink:

Just put it together (couple of cable ties needed) and cleaned it out. We now have piggies in the lounge but they've decided it's all too much and are hiding again. Think I'll pop down to the allotment and dig up some greens to tempt them out!