Cheeky Chooky

Moreducks Disease?

Talking of set ups... Our garden renovation plans have begun! Woo hoo!!! Soooo much to sort though :shock:

One purple eglu classic has been dismantled and cleaned ready to sell. A new, large shed for DH is arriving tomorow.Tree surgeon coming Monday to do lots of work, including removal of a Mirabelle plum tree. I am sad :( about the tree going, but the previous owners of our bungalow planted it, and it is now very big, and very close to next door's house. We are worried it might damage her property so have arranged its removal. The upside to this is that we will have lots of logs to dry which we can eventually use on our woodburner, and, even better, all the smaller bits of tree are to be chipped and kept for using in the new combined duck and chicken run. :D

New shed is going where the 'eglu that is for sale' once was, new set up comprising 'cube and 3m run amalgamated with WIR with eglu classic inside' is going where old shed (which is being dumped) is, existing decking is to be extended (on stilts) to cover area where cube is currently, new tree is to be planted where WIR is at the moment, lots of new plants will be required eveywhere methinks. :wink::wink:

We will have a great deal of old shed decluttering to do :oops: so I foresee many trips to the tip. The new animal area, which is fenced off from the main garden, is to be planted with purple shrubs etc to match the eglus and tubtrugs. You have to enter via a tall, wrought iron gate under a wooden arch. We are putting all of our Beatrix Potter garden ornaments, and similar 'not very grown up' items :oops::oops: , in the animal area, as it is to be a sort of secret child's garden for our new Grandchild which is due next Spring. We are thinking ahead... :lol: Hopefully we will have some dry weather so we can spend time in the garden to get it finished over the winter. The aforementioned new tree is also to mark the birth of the new baby so we will buy and plant it next March. They can grow together :) .

Sorry to hijack post but I am very excited about the baby and the hen/duck accommodation! Possibly might be more ducks too?? xxxx

It all sounds so exciting coppers :dance: I'd love to do a garden make over but OH would take some persuading. I visited mollyripkim recently and was so inspired by her set up. Can we have a new thread with your before, during and after pictures? A sort of ducky version of the '"We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!" thread that is running in the chicken area ? :pray: