Reikiranf

Garvo Feed in Kent

I know that quite a few Omleteers in the Kent/South East London area use Garvo, I usually buy mine from Grain Harvesters near Canterbury which is a bit of a trek.

Yesterday I realised that I needed to buy more sooner than expected so I took a drive to Dobbies Garden centre in Gillingham which isn't too far away and certainly closer than Canterbury. I expected there to be a mark up on it, but was pleasantly surprised to find that on the mash and pellets it's only about £1.50 which is probably a saving taking fuel & time into account :D

The downside was that they didn't have any layers mash, but I got the farmyard mix instead which is similar but has pellets and shell mixed in, it looks more like the Alpha mix and when I put a bit down for the girls they gobbled it up. It was £14.99, but I'd rather pay a bit extra and get something they'll eat, as I find a cheap feed is a false economy.

Hi, I know lots of you use Garvo and wondered what you think about the soybeans. I notice in the ingredients "*from genetic modificated soybeans" and this has put me off and I have stuck with Smallholder who seem to try to avoid GM ingredients or at least according to their blurb. Do you think most feeds also contain GM soya beans also?