Sign in to follow this  
patsylabrador

Hurricane Sandy

Good luck with the dreadful weather. I saw a lady in New York, in her backyard, cuddling her chicken and getting things prepared. I hope they stayed safe. Evacuees were able to take their pets to centres but that must have been difficult with some creatures like chickens.

Good luck to all of them. :pray:

I was thinking that about my chickens...If I could take them I would , I have no dogs or cats so they are my pets.

Thank goodness I have only 3 to worry about ...At least after the stress I would still have eggs.

My poor friend is out there at the moment, she flew out on Saturday night with her 16-year old daughter, and her sister and niece. They have been stuck in the apartment they are renting since Sunday - no subway, the theatres are closed so their tickets for a show have been cancelled, none of the big attractions or shops are open, and they couldn't travel to them even if they were. They had tickets for the Statue of Liberty, and lots of things planned. :(

Now I know it could all be much worse, and they are safe and dry and indoors, but this was a really special holiday to celebrate her 50th/her daughter's 16th, and so far I think they have spent two days watching satellite TV and eating chocolate! Mind you .. last year she was in Pennsylvania and got delayed by Hurricane Irene, she seems to attract them.